1) The Zonta Club of Seguin Memorial Scholarship is intended to provide financial assistance to an adult female, PERMANENT RESIDENT OF GUADALUPE COUNTY who wishes to begin, enhance or continue her education.
2) The recipient must be seeking higher education beyond the high school diploma or equivalent thereof.
3) The recipient must be attending, or preparing to attend an accredited business, technical/vocational school, community, two or four year college or university.
4) While not the only consideration, financial need will be one of the key criteria in selection of the recipient.
5) The applicant must have a 2.5 or better cgpa on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent.
6) The applicant must meet ONE of the following criteria to be considered “non-traditional."
a) Delayed enrollment (does not enter postsecondary education in the same calendar year that she finished high school).
b) Works full-time (35 hours or more per week) while enrolled
c) Has dependents other than a spouse
d) Is a single parent (either not married or married but separated and has dependents)
7) The scholarship is an annual, one year scholarship. The recipient may apply and be considered for a scholarship each school year until she graduates.
8) Proof of registration at the chosen institution must be presented to the Zonta Chapter Treasurer before payment is made.
9) The scholarship check will be made out to the institution to be applied toward tuition expenses, fees, or books for the recipient.
10) All applications are required to submit a completed application for the Zonta Memorial Scholarship prior to the application deadline. Finalists for the scholarship may be asked to undergo an interview with the Zonta Memorial Scholarship Committee and submit a proof of income affidavit.
11) Applications must be submitted on or before April 15 of each year with a copy of your transcript. The recipient will be notified on or before the following May 20. The scholarship will be presented at an official Zonta function.
Download the Zonta Memorial Scholarship application below.
Upon completion of application, please return with transcript copy to:
1821 Montclair St
Seguin, Texas 78155