The Zonta Club of Seguin is a member of Zonta International, a global organization of executives and professionals working together to advance the status of women worldwide through service and advocacy. The amount of the scholarship is up to $1,000.00. Applicants who meet the following eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply.
1. Must be an adult female, permanent resident of GUADALUPE County, Texas. Special consideration will be given to single (not married or married but separated) female Head of Household (as defined by IRS definition) who is the primary wage earner of the family, works full time (35 hours per week minimum) and has dependents other than spouse.
2. Must be seeking higher education beyond high school or equivalent thereof, pursuing post high school training or certification programs not necessarily requiring a baccalaureate degree.
3. Must be either attending, or preparing to attend an accredited business, technical/vocational school, certified program, community, two or four year college or university and the award MUST be used to attend an educational institution that is accredited and normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where its educational activities are regularly carried on.
4. Must NOT be entering postsecondary education in the same calendar year that she completed high school.
5. Financial need, determined by consideration of annual family income, will be one of the key criteria in selection of recipient. Finalists for the scholarship may be asked to undergo an interview with the Zonta Club of Seguin Scholarship Committee and submit proof of income to include current IRS Income Tax Return.
6. Must have a 2.5 or better Cumulative Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale.
7. Must submit a completed application for the scholarship PRIOR to application deadline along with a COPY OF THE MOST CURRENT SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT.
8.Applications must be submitted on or before April 15 of each year.
9. Proof of registration at the chosen institution must be presented to the Zonta Club of Seguin Chapter Treasurer before payment is made.
Download the Zonta Memorial Scholarship application below.
Upon completion of application, please return with transcript copy to:
1821 Montclair Street
Seguin, Texas 78155